Be The Change You Want To See In The World
My name is Fleur Bruna I am a wife, mom, and dental hygienist. In that order. I am an open book with no filter and think one of my most notable characteristics is you will never have to question where you stand with me. I wear my heart on my sleeve, have never met a stranger, will help out anyone who is willing to help themselves, am a huge foodie, enjoy a good tequila, love doing anything outdoors, BoyMom, curse like a sailor (sorry mama) and in constant search of "my purpose" in this life. In a world of filters, influencers and the ability to hide your true identity behind a screen, I find myself longing to connect with people at a deeper level. The old saying " everyone has a story...." I want to know your story, and how you got to where you are. When I became a dental hygienist 14 years ago, a few things became very clear to me:
1. How much fear/hatred and misconception surround dentistry.
2. Dental Insurance is a scam.
3. Most people know nothing about their own dental coverage and what it provides.
4. If a dentist does a "pretty" restoration, a patient will never know or care if its actually good work.
5. Most people are not willing to make the life changes necessary to actually change their overall health; we have become a "quick fix" society.
6. A lot of people still think the mouth has absolutely no correlation to their overall health.
My reason for starting this blog is to educate the public on all things dentistry, the good, the bad and the ugly. It is my goal that the more educated you become the better decision you can make for yourself and your family in the future.